The Ethinians don’t measure time in terms of months or weeks. They only recognise days and seasons, and their days are divided into eight discreet segments:
TIMES OF THE DAY
Each season lasts approximately 90 days, here is how they correspond to the Nubarn calendar. Ethinian seasons aren’t exact, but these are more or less the corresponding dates as they are recognised on the Nuban Calendar.
- Winter (Snowfall – Lateflame)
- Spring (Highthaw – Riverflood)
- Summer (Latedawn – Goldleaf)
- Autumn (Leaffall – Icedawn)
The Dynossians use the Nubarn calendar, where each month has 4 weeks of seven days and two holy days, on the first two days of every month. There are twelve months in a 360 day year:
- Karkovfest (15th: Midwinter)
- Marigoldfest (15th: Midspring)
- Highsun (15th: Midsummer)
- Darkmist (15th: Midautumn)
Days last 24 hours.
Years are numbered acording to the date of the banishment of the demon god known as the Serpent or S’shrhsk. AI (Anno Ignem) is used to to denote years since The Serpent’s banishment by Karkov, lord of fire, deceit and war; and AE (Ante Expulsum) is used to represent years before the banishment.
The current year is 1220 AI